Marine aquariums - merivesi akvaario

If Finnish is not your native language or you don't feel at home writing in Finnish this is the right place for your topics. All subjects around aquariums, and beyond. Discussion in English only.

Valvoja: Moderaattorit

Vastaa Viestiin
cumine
Starting Member
Starting Member
Sukupuoli: Mies

Marine aquariums - merivesi akvaario

Viesti Kirjoittaja cumine »

Moi kaikille.
I have been living in Finland now for about 2 and a half years and have kept a marine aquarium for about 6 years but had to sell up when I moved from the UK. I now have a marine aquarium up and running again here in Finland. I have had it running for about 6months or so, but currently have only live rock and a few fish I put in when cycling. My aquarium is 2 meters by 50cm by 62cm and is sumped so approximately 750ltrs. I was just wondering who keeps marine on this forum and where do the shop etc. As I have noticed that marine reef keeping is not very popular in Finland. Hope to start a discussion about marine keeping in English.
Kiitos, Chris
P.s. Anteeksi en kirjoitan suomessa. En puhu tarpeeksi suomea vielä. :)
Aqualung
Katalysaattori
Katalysaattori

Re: Marine aquariums - merivesi akvaario

Viesti Kirjoittaja Aqualung »

Terve!
Where in Finland do you live? There's actually quite a few of us hobbyists around while most just keep to themselves. Reefkeeping is slowly growing in popularity as most FW hobbyists deem it too "difficult" to give it a try. I like the dimensions of your tank. Any other specs you'd like to share? Also, forum seems to have somewhat trampled under FB groups so you might want to check out Suomen merivesiakvaariot and Riuttailijat groups there as well to get you connected. And you're most welcome here as well and also check out our saltwater and brackish area here.
My word's but a whisper - your deafness a SHOUT.
I may make you feel, but I can't make you think.

Liikkuvaa ja liikutettua kuvaa riutastani YouTubessa
cumine
Starting Member
Starting Member

Hi, sorry for the late reply haven't got around to get on here. I am living in Helsinki. Thanks for the info I will join those groups. Yeah it is not hard keeping reef, well basically you are just keeping water the rest sorts itself. What info would you like to know on my tank ? I like to run my tank old school as it is not as expensive to run and no need for reactors and such I have a sump, external filter and I have a undergravel filter inside the tank run off 3 2000lph powerheads. I find that the undergravels tray being the best biological filtration as it is using the entire bottom of the tank, so lots of surface area. I have filter wool between the tray and the gravel also, atm my sump is just full of broken liver Ockendon I destroyed trying to scape my tank. If I can figure out how to I will post a picture of my tank.
cumine
Starting Member
Starting Member

:) managed to do it. Had to compress the file as it was too big.
Liitteet
My tank right and left are original bookshelf I built the middle and built all the stand myself out of 4by2 and faced it with what you see. Got the bare glass tank from a HAS sale in Helsinki for 1€
My tank right and left are original bookshelf I built the middle and built all the stand myself out of 4by2 and faced it with what you see. Got the bare glass tank from a HAS sale in Helsinki for 1€
cumine
Starting Member
Starting Member

My tank, right and left are original bookshelf I built the middle and built all the stand myself out of 4by2 and faced it with what you see. Got the bare glass tank from a HAS sale in Helsinki for 1€
Vastaa Viestiin

Palaa sivulle “Discussion in English”