Apistogramma

If Finnish is not your native language or you don't feel at home writing in Finnish this is the right place for your topics. All subjects around aquariums, and beyond. Discussion in English only.

Valvoja: Moderaattorit

Vastaa Viestiin
bajiaz
Starting Member
Starting Member
Sukupuoli: Mies

Apistogramma

Viesti Kirjoittaja bajiaz »

I have been trying to get my hands on some wild caught apistos and it seems it is a bit harder to do than i thought. I was lucky to get two male agassiziis through akvaariokurki in tikkurila but unfortunately the females died in transit. The next order is a few months away and i was wondering if there is any other ways to get my hands on some females or any other wild caught apistos. The quality difference in czech bred and wild caught apistos is like night and day and i believe it is worth the hassle to get good quality fish.

thanks for any help
Harry
Skandali
Sukupuoli: Nainen

Re: Apistogramma

Viesti Kirjoittaja Skandali »

I recommend to ask for from that place : http://www.uusiakvaario.fi/
Their website has a list of the fish, but there is not always all that is available: http://www.uusiakvaario.fi/tuoteluettel ... rjoahvenet
Reipas 400l seurala + 30l nano ja 2 kääkkää
http://akvaarionpaattymatontarina.blogspot.fi/
Wyrda
Akvaarioseurat: HAS
Sukupuoli: Nainen

Viesti Kirjoittaja Wyrda »

Unfortunately, the vast majority of shops get their fish from the same few wholesalers in Finland and Sweden, and none of those offer a very good selection of wild-caught fish...

So Akvaario Kurki actually might be your best shot in the Helsinki area. Another place worth contacting is NL-Aqua. They are a small shop specializing in cichlids, and although they concentrate on rift lake species, they do have 8 different Apistogramma species in stock even at the moment (including allpahuayo, wild macmasteri, and F1 baenschi).

It could also be worth asking around some of the other major shops – I think at least Tampereen Akvaariokala imports directly from SA, and I seem to recall Uusi Akvaario in Turku having done imports from Germany at some point. There might be others as well.

In any case, though, it's probably worth waiting that month or two until the start of the collecting season.

If you are able to find wild agassizii with known collection locality, I'd be interested as well.
bajiaz
Starting Member
Starting Member
Sukupuoli: Mies

Viesti Kirjoittaja bajiaz »

I wrote to Tampereen Akvaariokala a while back and they didn't reply(i think they were changing owners or something). When i got the 2 male agassiziis last time i tried to ask for location info but all he knew was that he was getting them from Manaus in Brazil which to my understanding is just an exporter who collects from various sources.

I will try those other places and then we see what comes out of it.

thanks for the replies.

Best regards
Harry
Vastaa Viestiin

Palaa sivulle “Discussion in English”